We’re excited to shout out about our involvement in a new movement called TechUp. After an initial outing at Wired Live back in November we’ve been hunted down to take our expertise to the biggest tech show in the universe. Kicking off the new year in style, along with over 180,000 people from around the world who will descend into Las Vegas, Nevada. This is the 2019 Consumer Electronic Show, action packed with some of the most innovative technology from around the world.
TechUp is a service designed by myself alongside Valerie Vacante, a connected play innovator and Founder of strategy and innovation firm, Collabsco and we’re off to CES, the world’s gathering place for innovation and consumer technologies
The Power of Partnerships
For CES 2019, TechUp have partnered with Living in Digital Times to host connected play spotlight sessions at the Kids and Family Tech Summit, conducting interviews from the CES stage and show floor with some of the most innovative companies shaping the ways kids play, learn and explore the world of cool tech and connected play fun.
“It’s wonderful to find a like-minded partner like TechUp. They understand and promote the value of connected play that’s both good for the kids and good for the industry,” said Robin Raskin, Founder, Living in Digital Times.
“We are thrilled to partner with Living in Digital Times, ToyNews, Licensing Biz and Toyology for at CES 2019, each partner has solid strengths and provide expertise in toys, games, technology and entertainment across the industry and on a global scale.” Valerie Vacante, Co-Founder, TechUp.
Curating Cool Connected Experiences
TechUp curated a lineup the most innovative and forward-thinking brands in connected play for CES 2019:
- CES Innovation Honoree, Snow Shine by Immersive Play and Jay@Play is the first companion toy of its kind, able to interact with multiple inputs such as Spotify, YouTube, Alexa and more through data over sound technology.
- CES KAPi Award Winner, Nerf Laser Ops Pro by Hasbro combines the active play of Nerf blaster play with popular video game features like game modes, scorekeeping, and leaderboards.
- MekaMon, by Reach Robotics, the creators of the world’s first AR gaming robot, have announced the upcoming launch of a dedicated education app.
- Birde is the world’s first smart media player specifically designed for preschool aged children allowing children to independently play audiobooks, music and video content safely.
- Touchscapes, by Novalia is an immersive playscape that augments your child’s imagination with natural sound and the power of voice technologies.
- The Explorers created by Unicorn Games, part of The Electric Factory’s Incubator Rabbit, is a boardgame that combines both traditional and augmented reality dynamics. Being a bridge between digital and physical worlds.
I am utterly psyched to be heading over to co-host Techup at CES 2019, it’ll be a true smorgasbord of cool tech and I can’t wait to shout about it all in Las Vegas.
Get in touch if you want to hook up with us or be part of our adventure.